Sunday, March 22, 2015

3/22/15 - Cyber Knight Color Variations

Hey! So I was working on the Cyber Knight a little bit more and thought this was interesting. Figured I'd might as well share! So I added color to the original line drawing, and it looked like this:


 I color picked this image directly from the original - it was a simple palette fitting for a simple exercise. I was pretty happy with it. I took off the line layer out of curiosity and found this:
It looked far better than I expected without the line drawing. Obviously it's rough as the linework was fairly thick, but it produces a different style, one that I'd like to explore a little further. Also, I'd like to compare it to the rendering of the previous knights:
 Big difference if you ask me. The new knight has much more believable (but not perfect!) lighting and the forms are very clear even without the linework. So I worked on the new one a little further and ended up with this for now:
Dunno about anyone else reading this, but I'm much happier with this piece so far. It's a simple aesthetic so far (doesn't really look very cyber anymore, but I'll probably keep it that way as I think it works and looks interesting) but this workflow helped me focus on one part of the process at a time and I believe it helped me produce more accurate and interesting results. I'll keep working on this guy a bit more and see where it takes me. With that, I'll be back tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment